2016 DF70 no spark, Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 DF70 no spark, Need Help!!

I am having problems with my DF70. I have no spark. Also my starter keeps turning over for 4 to 5 seconds after I let go of the key. I have checked cam and crank circuits both sensors test good. infact I replaced both and checked them again. I have proper power coming to my coil packs. My injectors are clicking when I put a stethoscope to them. I have preformed every test the service manual has. Nothing is giving me any red flags. looking for any ideas to try before buying a ECM. or taking it to a dealer.

You didn’t mention checking the kill switch nor ignition fuse. The starter running a few seconds after you let go of the key is normal.

Comment

checked ignition fuse. and as for the ignition switch I believe it is functioning as it should. the fuel pump runs and injectors fire and all the voltage tests that are ran with the key on checked out good. Is there something I am missing or not understanding with the kill switch?

Comment

Kill switch will either interrupt the circuit not allowing the power to pass through the switch or will allow power to pass. Same as a light switch, switch on light on, switch off no light. In your case if one of the wires where corroded(disconnected) on the kill switch then no power(spark to plugs) I believe the kill switch is wired through the ECM so any issues with the kill switch will prevent a spark to the plugs. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by atc7271 View Post
          checked ignition fuse. and as for the ignition switch I believe it is functioning as it should. the fuel pump runs and injectors fire and all the voltage tests that are ran with the key on checked out good. Is there something I am missing or not understanding with the kill switch?
          A bit of history would be handy, how did you test for spark, If you had a problem with crank or cam it would have been flashing on the check engine light. The ecu sends out five volts to the kill switch and when the plate is removed it will short and drop the voltage to zero, there will be no injector pulse, crank, or spark.

Comment

I said in my first post that the injectors are clicking,- firing. I understand what happens when the kill switch plate is removed. my comment about missing something about the kill switch was half sarcasm. Could we quite beating that dead horse. I have a fairly decent background, I also said that I have completed every voltage and resistance test in the manual. I was looking for something more then asking me if my kill switch or a fuse is out.

Comment

I am really hoping to get some advice. I have a 2016 df70 that has me stumped. I Have no spark.i So far I have done every possible test to every circuit. I have used a factory service manual for reference. Also took it to a Suzuki service shop and they told me that they are not sure but it could be that the output sprocket might have turned or is out of time. Never hit anything Doo I don’t believe this is the case. Not ruling it out. But the only way I can see that I can check this out is pull the power unit to see the alignment marks. Really don’t want to do that for no reason. I get a cam censer code. The problem with that is I replaced it and crank censer. Tested both, voltage, resistance, and did the screwdriver test. Everything good. Another thing that has me scratching my head is the fact that my injectors are working. Witch shouldn’t be the case if there is a problem with cam censer.

Comment

You come on the forum asking for help, I ask you how did you check for spark, you reply, the injectors are clicking and can you stop flogging a dead horse about the kill switch. Fine, these engines are the simplest four stroke fuel injected engines ever made, so it is saying much for your diagnostic skill is it good luck.
                And you have not done the right voltage drop testing that would tell you where your problem is.

Comment

how do I conduct the voltage drop test?

Comment

Working...
                  X