No announcement yet.

Odd sound on DF 115 ATL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a stethoscope or a screwdriver to locate the sound. I located mine at the top of the oil filter, in the center where the a relief valve of the filter is. So I changed the oil pressure valve and the noise is gone.

Comment

Hello Bacal. Did you take of the engine block? I have a df 115a 14 and think it is under the engine

Comment

Yes. The oil pressure valve is located at the bottom of the engine block, together with the time chain. Once lifted check oil pump and chain tensioner.
        Best luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy jakob View Post
          Hello Bacal. Did you take of the engine block? I have a df 115a 14 and think it is under the engine
          Mate unless you can do this yourself it will be an expensive project, it could be for little gain, run the engine till it get's hot and install an oil pressure gauge, if the pressure doe's not drop below 20 psi at idle and around 60 psi at 3000 rpm don't worry about it. I have a df140 and I first noticed the noise at around 100 hours I first thought it was a dry drive shaft so when I replaced the water pump impellor I checked the bush and it looked ok. I then thought I could feel the pulsations at the water pressure valve and didn't worry about it any more.

I might only hear it once out of five or six trips, and the engine now is coming up over 1800 hours. It is an interesting point, for the oil pressure reg to buzz at idle, it would have to have a broken coil on the spring that keeps the plunger on it's seat, the pressure is set at around sixty psi, so at idle hot, there would not be enough pressure to make the valve buzz. The next time I change the oil I will check the oil pressure out of curiosity.

Comment

Working...
          X