08 DF115 Switched Power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 DF115 Switched Power?

Anyone know what color wire is hot when you switch the ignition on? Trying to figure out how to wire the tach so that the light comes on when you switch the ignition on. Is that even possible or do you have to supply power from another source?

Thx

With my setup the instrument cluster illuminates when the navigation lights are turned on, might be easier to figure out which wire is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatsRaider View Post
      Anyone know what color wire is hot when you switch the ignition on? Trying to figure out how to wire the tach so that the light comes on when you switch the ignition on. Is that even possible or do you have to supply power from another source?

Thx
      When you turn the key on, battery voltage will flow from the ignition switch via a grey wire to the gauges, and will splice into a red wire with a green trace supplying battery pos for your lights.

Comment

Ok, perfect. I really appreciate it. I think I'm going with the idea of the light coming on with the nav lights.

Comment

One other question: I have Lenco trim tabs with the LED auto retract feature with a lead for switched power...would you hook that lead up to the gray wire from the ignition switch?

Comment

Working...
          X