Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I found the problem, water in the oil saga.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I found the problem, water in the oil saga.

Pulled head off the crankcase again. Removed the valves and found a hole in the #4 bottom exhaust port right thru to the lowest water jacket. New head I guess. Guy I paid to check it out shafted me. Hate to drop another $2k on a new head and valve job. Reckon I better have the block checked and surfaced again too. Glad I found it but ouch!
    Any suggestions on sourcing a new or good condition used head?

Im glad you found a problem.

Sometimes there are uncommon failures that occur, soon to be common in some instances, or ones that we may not know of.

The block should still be flat as long as it didn't run hot, but checking it will be cheap insurance for a good repair.

Unfortunately, I only know of pricing one at the Dealer, and having them use there network for finding a used one.

Could you post a pic of the hole?

Thanks for the report back on your findings.
    Last edited by Nayna32; 01-29-2017, 03:18 PM.
    Henry

Comment

Water in Oil

Hi Lunchmoney
      Not sure where excatly that hole is but it might be worth seeing if it can be welded

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchmoney View Post
        Pulled head off the crankcase again. Removed the valves and found a hole in the #4 bottom exhaust port right thru to the lowest water jacket. New head I guess. Guy I paid to check it out shafted me. Hate to drop another $2k on a new head and valve job. Reckon I better have the block checked and surfaced again too. Glad I found it but ouch!
        Any suggestions on sourcing a new or good condition used head?
        '''Mate as I said in my post, to pressure test that head you would have to fabricate a plate to cover the hole face of the head and exhaust ports and I would put a slab on it that it was not pressure tested, shafted? expensive lesson.

Comment

cyl. head

There is cyl. head on e-bay off a 2001 df 90, item # 322399436005. Don't" know if its the same or not, maybe some one else can chime in with that information! The head is complete!

Comment

If you look up the part # of the head for your motor, click on that part#, it should list all the motors and years your part# was used on? Likewise, you can do the same with the head on ebay.

Good luck.

Comment

Machine shop that failed to find the hole agreed to refund half of my money, better than nothing I guess. I've got my eye on a couple used and a couple new heads. Going to pull the trigger on one next week once my block gets out of rehab. Hopefully I'll have this mess behind me in a couple more weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X