2013 Df300 won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Df300 won't start

Went down to the boat today and it won't start. Voltage is good, fuel pump turns on but when i hit the button i get nothing. It is almost as if the kill lanyard is not on or the motor is in gear. I moved the throttle back and forth about a hundred times thinking i had it in gear, so i know its not that. The green light on the push start was on. Last time i ran it a week ago everything seemed to work fine.

Thanks
    Jon Walla

One more thing I forgot to mention one of the sims units was acting up and had an intermittent 7-5 code but we reset it and no more codes but still not starting.

Comment

Code 7-5 is DWB (Drive By Wire) problem

Do you have double station? Mine does the same thing if i try to use the inactive station.

Chris

Comment

No second station. Im thinking the motor think that its in gear and won't start. I have read that this has been a problem with a few of these motors.

Comment

There is a neutral throttle switch in the binnacle, this is the switch that prevemts starting when the engine is (or thinks) it is in gear.

Its possible that this switch is stuck or has failed - given what youve described. Have to open up the throttle binnacale to get to it.

Try looking for the particular model throttle binnacle that you have in the parts section "purchase Suzuki parts" at the top of the forum, it should show the switch in the expanded diagram.

Comment

Moonlighter

I looked up in the parts section and couldn't find a blow up of the binacel. It only has the whole thing for purchase. It was the same on another site. Thinking I might have to buy the whole thing but then I think I will have to plug it into a computer to sync it with the motor. Might be time to get someone involved on my end who know what they are doing. Haha.

Thanks

Comment

Mate if you are not conversed voltage drop testing take it to a dealer or an auto elec, a lot more complicated than the four cyls, you would find a no crank problem in one of them in no time. With your engine there is a bcm, ecm, and can bus, as well as the normal key switch, panel switch, starter relay, two neutral switches, one on the binnacle and one on the motor with the shift position leaver sensor. Also the emergency stop switch,and shift actuator and relay, sixty and thirty amp fuses and wiring. So you can see there is a lot to check, I think your problem will be a simple fix, start at the neutral switches, there has been a head start with the 7.5 code dbw problem, the shift position leaver sensor along side the neutral switch on the motor may not be indicating the right voltage when in neutral.

Comment

there are 2 neutral switch. one on the front accelerator and the other at the
                rear near to the throttle gear. its small may need cleaning. spark plug replacement is cheap too.
                you can short the front neutral to bypass and test.
                the rear you can use a voltmeter to heck for 12 VDC.

Comment

How do I short the front nuetral switch? Now I'm getting a 4-2 code. I imagine that is coming from it just not starting?

Comment

4-2 Code = CKP Sensor(Crankshaft Position sensor). If the CKP sensor isn't sending a signal to the ECM how would the ECM know when to send fuel to the injectors? I would suspect the ECM would be "confused" concerning the timing if it doesn't know where the crankshaft is? I'm no expert, just my uneducated guess. I have no idea if your original 7-5 code is related to your 4-2 code, I think you might have another separate issue.

Comment

One more thought, if the ECM isn't receiving a signal from the CKP then I would think the ECM wouldn't send a signal to the spark plugs to fire. No spark, no start?

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
                        4-2 Code = CKP Sensor(Crankshaft Position sensor). If the CKP sensor isn't sending a signal to the ECM how would the ECM know when to send fuel to the injectors? I would suspect the ECM would be "confused" concerning the timing if it doesn't know where the crankshaft is? I'm no expert, just my uneducated guess. I have no idea if your original 7-5 code is related to your 4-2 code, I think you might have another separate issue.
                        '''''''Mate the engine has to be turning over to be able to create a crank signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonwalla View Post
                          How do I short the front nuetral switch? Now I'm getting a 4-2 code. I imagine that is coming from it just not starting?
                          '''' The engine has to be turning over to be able create a crank signal, I hope the information that you gave us is correct. What is the open circuit voltage on your batteries, and connect up a volt meter to your batteries and press the start button and see if there is any change in the voltage, eg they drop low or better still do a load test on them.

Comment

Working...
                          X