Replacing DT 150 Lower Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing DT 150 Lower Unit

Hi All, I need to replace my lower unit, I have a 1999 DT150 with a 25 inch shaft. I am having trouble finding this specific part, is the Suzuki DT150 lower unit interchangeable, can I use a DT 200 lower unit? Does the lower unit need to match the year of the motor? I appreciate any help here.

Scroll up to “Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts” pick your part you want to check and scroll down to the bottom. On the right hand side there is a scrollable list that has all the models that your particular part will fit.

Comment

Thank you- I am still having some trouble finding that particular unit for sale. If I have a Suzuki lower unit, I will need to replace it with another Suzuki, I wouldn't be able to get an DT 150 Johnson or Mercury correct?

Comment

Suzuki has made engines for Johnson, not sure if Suzuki supplied lower unit with their engines, how to cross reference part numbers would be your biggest challenge. I would think it would be much simpler to stick with a Suzuki lower unit.

Comment

Have you looked at ebay boat parts for sale. I have seen some 150's, just don't remember if the were DT model. Ebay will have a lot of people selling lower units. Even Boats.net can order many models of the lower unit. You send model number and serial number and they can tell you if they can be made up. As you have discovered some models are hard to find. I would imagine these are the ones Suzuki makes on demand.
          A brand new lower unit runs $3000. I ordered one for my DF140, as I thought I killed mine (some parts were unavailable). It turns out I was able to completely rebuild my DF140 lower unit, is ready for install.
          I was also told (today) my new unit should be available in 10 days. Apparently the 02 to 2012 lower units are becoming hard to find.

Good luck on the DT150. I have seen them

Comment

I have lower units for dt 140s, I'll have to recheck the years and lengths (have 2 short shafts - rebuilt, and 2 longer shafts)? And not sure they'll fit the 150's?

Good luck, post back if they are listed for your motor.

Comment

Solarman, I can tell you for sure if you made your long shaft, 25", ones available on net for sale they would get scooped up. For certain the DF140 years 2002 - 2012. Very rare.

Comment

BTW, they (140's) don't fit 150's. I think 150's work on 200's and 225's.
                If I had known you had the long shaft I would have certainly bought one.

Comment

Briscoe, there's a big difference between the DT's (2 stroke motors), and your DF's (4 stroke). Mine are DT 140s. But they apparently don't match up with Tonyp221 dt 150s either.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X