Need Torque Setting for DT140 Intake Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Torque Setting for DT140 Intake Help Please

I need help please on the torque setting for the intake nuts on my 1998 DT140
    I have the service manual and I cannot find this torque setting anywhere in it?
    I replaced the reeds and gaskets all I have to do it torque the intake and hook everything up.
    Last edited by fishingidaho; 10-27-2020, 10:13 PM.

On my manual(2009 DF90) about 20 pages in, following the error codes, I have a page with all the torque specifications. MY torque specifications for the “Intake Manifold bolt/nut 23 N.M or 16.5 lbf.ft “ Thread diameter is 8mm. If your threads are 8mm then I would think 23N.M would be close. I would hold off using my numbers until another member can confirm or dispute.

Comment

Thanks Murray
      there are several torque spec charts in the manual for the DT 115/140
      But there is nothing listed for the intake manifold?
      Grrrrrrrr...
      Hopefully someone else can confirm

Comment

In my book, pg #14, it gives a list of torque specs, and if the intake torque is not listed, at the bottom of the same page are additional torque specs depending on the size & type bolts used.

You will need to match up the markings, size, thread count for each bolt to get the proper torque specs for the intake.

Good luck.

Comment

20201028_050129.jpg
          Last edited by fishingidaho; 10-28-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Yes, I see this from manual. However, no intake manifold torque is given and the intake has studs not bolts ???
            crazy that they don't provide such useful info?
            Last edited by fishingidaho; 10-28-2020, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Intake manifold.jpg This is what I have on my DF140. This would be for 2002-2012. Don't know why yours would be different, even if it's a '98. This is the same info Murray put up. Good job Murray.
              Attached Files

Comment

Briscoe,
                Thank you,
                I was just unsure if torque would be different because of 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke on the intakes? You wouldn't think so? but Suzuki did some unorthodox engineering on these 2 strokes.

Comment

Nah, same torque. I think Suzuki loved this motor and changed very little through its evolution into 4 stroke. I really bought it cause my 20'-2" boat didn't need a 150. I can see why you have kept your 98. They are an excellent engine. I hope my 07 makes another 8 or 9 years. I dread the conversion to fly by wire for newer motors. Not running with it, but removing all that garbage and mucking with a new wire harness

Comment

Thank you to all who responded!

I torqued to 16 ft. lbs. and I am almost done getting it back together after replacing the reed valves.
                    We still have about a week of warm weather here, so I should have the muffs on today for checkout and then dunk it tomorrow for a run.
                    Appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
                    X