2005 DF140 on an 1801 Parker looking for prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF140 on an 1801 Parker looking for prop

Looking for someone with the same setup as mine? Looking for new prop on my 2005 DF140 with 2.381 gears. On an 1801 Parker. Currently running aluminum 3x14x17 that is pretty beat up! My engine is being raised 2 holes this weekend as it is too low. I can hit 6000 rpm but only getting about 30 mph. This boat is new to me but I feel I should easily get 35ish. Climbs out of the hole OK, not great but OK. Taking it out tomorrow to get rpm's and speed at every 500 rpm's. I will then have something to compare to this weekend after raising motor. Just looking to see if anyone else has this same setup and what prop you have with what results? Thanks for reading and any input;]

Thanks to the Moderators for heading me in the right direction to get this posted;]

Comment

Originally posted by Makida123 View Post
      Looking for someone with the same setup as mine? Looking for new prop on my 2005 DF140 with 2.381 gears. On an 1801 Parker. Currently running aluminum 3x14x17 that is pretty beat up! My engine is being raised 2 holes this weekend as it is too low. I can hit 6000 rpm but only getting about 30 mph. This boat is new to me but I feel I should easily get 35ish. Climbs out of the hole OK, not great but OK. Taking it out tomorrow to get rpm's and speed at every 500 rpm's. I will then have something to compare to this weekend after raising motor. Just looking to see if anyone else has this same setup and what prop you have with what results? Thanks for reading and any input;]
      If your prop is dicked up you can't use any of the data your going out to get it will be dicked up also. If the prop you have on there was new or not dicked up you would probably make more mph?

Comment

Agree but prop is not completely trashed or I would not be able to get the rpm and speed I’m getting. I am looking for a comparison before and after raising motor and the only way to do this is using the same prop. My reason for this post is to find someone with the same boat/motor and hear their pros and cons with their props

Comment

*** the response is overwhelming! Really, not a single Suzuki 140 on a Parker out there??? I know Parkers come with Yammies but nobody?

Comment

Its not a huge forum, and you have a very specific boat/motor combo that will not be at all common.

And there is also the fact that Suzuki changed gearbox ratios on the 140’s in about 2008, so yours with the old ratio, is going to need a different prop compared to all the newer 140’s.

You will be better off going to a Parker forum (if it exists) and pose the question there.

Comment

Thanks moonlighter. Agree the gear ratio changes the pitch down a notch, I already compensated for that. Understand about it not being a huge forum but you guys are right on with all the great info. Thanks again for the support and the reply. Just lifted the motor to the right height. Now to figure out the right prop;]

Comment

Working...
              X