No announcement yet.

DF70 blowing out oil filter o ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rust but discolored and had some of the sludge on it. Will break it apart later. Have to try and find a wiring diagram. Only see two fuses in the harness and they're both good. There is a relay that also tested ok.

Comment

I am assuming by your post you have twin motors on the back of your boat, if so do you have one key or two separate keys for ignition or panel switches, It sounds like to me you have blown a fuse or lost supply. With the key or key's on grab a test light and see if you have battery voltage on your injectors and coils and fuel pumps on both sides of the wiring plugs. What sought of oil have you been running in your engine.

Comment

Hello Red,
        If you go way back to the first post, this boat has been sitting on a lift for the last 6-7 years depending on who you ask. Previous owner lost all interest, left fuel in the tanks, didn't run the engine dry, just left it one day and .....
        So, I inherited, and I knew I would, a challenge. By looking at the sludge at the bottom of the oil pan, I'm wondering if he ever did an oil change. Plugged into the SDS, shows 94.5 hours on one and 95.5 on the other. Not trusting that too much, they're 17 year old motors. I'm going back out to start testing again. Will check the injector wires.

Comment

power to the hot side only of fuel pump, coil pack and injectors.

Comment

What color wire is the battery voltage on, battery voltage should be going through your injectors via a grey supply, back to the ecu with no ground. With key on engine off should be the same Same with your coils, and for a brief moment the fuel pump should have a ground then if no crank signal will remove the ground. Something is not adding up if have only got battery voltage on one side of the wiring plugs.

Comment

Working...
            X