Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipstick smells a little like gas right after startup - DF70a

Hi all,

So I started the engine and shut it down, right after I checked my oil levels and smelled the dipstick. It smelt a little like gasoline, not a whole lot just a bit. Also the levels stay the same so it doesn't seem to flowing in.

Is it normal for oil to smell a bit like gas after a cold startup?

thanks!

Ok, I guess my best bet is to change oil seeing it's been in there for 60hours/1 year. After that I'll keep an eye on it. Not sure what else to do at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginslee View Post
      Ok, I guess my best bet is to change oil seeing it's been in there for 60hours/1 year. After that I'll keep an eye on it. Not sure what else to do at the moment.
      Yes, an annual oil change is a good approach. Same as cars, its hours or time passed (annual) whichever comes first.

Then keep an eye on it.

Every trip try to run it at 5000+ rpm on the way home for 10 minutes or so. Burns off any accumulation of fuel in the oil from extended idling.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

Yes, an annual oil change is a good approach. Same as cars, its hours or time passed (annual) whichever comes first.

Then keep an eye on it.

Every trip try to run it at 5000+ rpm on the way home for 10 minutes or so. Burns off any accumulation of fuel in the oil from extended idling.
        I will try that. That is something I actually rarely do, I normally keep RPM's below 5000. Usually I keep it around 3900-4200. I will start doing that as well now.

thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X