175 running running like its missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175 running running like its missing

Motor started with a miss only while powering up then after about 5 minutes it'd run good after backing off throttle to about 3k ram, now you can feel the miss at idle and its getting worse, I changed plugs, drained fuel from low pressure filter and some from the fuel pump drain line, still seems to miss, I hooked up diagnostic program I bought, no codes show up,
    so then I tried unplugging ea coil while running, coils were all functioning , Next i played with diagnostic program and shut down ea injector,, when i shut down # 4 injector motor died and won't start now,, the fuel pump doesn't sound as loud now,, not sure where to go from here,

Did you try removing the power supply to the motor. Maybe it will reset

Comment

I did disconnect the battery for about 5 min,

Comment

Did you notice a considerable drop in rpm each time you removed the connector from each coil.
        Then when you removed each injector connector did the rpm drop or was there a small change till you pulled the last one and the engine stopped.

Need more information how many hours if you can feel the miss at idle you should be able to diagnose which cylinder when removing each coil connector there will be no rpm change on the bad cyl.

I think you might have drowned the cyls with fuel when you were playing with your sds, pull the plugs and see if there saturated with fuel.

When cranking the engine if it does not sound the same as it used to do a compression test.Did you hear any noise before it started to miss.

Comment

Yes every time i disconnected a coil rpm did drop and pick back up when reconnected, so I eliminated coils being a issue. So I disconnected the battery for the weekend an i did drain fuel pump vapor separator (VST) fuel looked good no issues. hooked up battery and turn the key and fuel pump was back to making good strong pressure sound so I pulled boat out and it fired right up.

I need to put it in the water to give it a good test to see if it still stumbles while accelerating. mot is a 2014 175 with 556 hrs.

Here's another question on initial start up should any of the warning lights turn on in my tach gauge?

Comment

On startup all tach warning lights should come on briefly, it’s a self check of the warning system.

Comment

Abeauds any update on solving this, having very similar problems with an 09 df175.

Comment

Working...
              X