2009 df 90 will not run at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 df 90 will not run at idle

2009 df 90 will not crank at idle , but will crank and run good in neutral with throttle advanced a little , but it will die when I throttle down to put in gear. All filters have been changed and vst cleaned . Any advice would be appreciated

Idle air control valve may not be working.

Comment

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...-df150-bad-ecu

Comment

I was thinking IAC , but wanted to hear it from someone with more experience than myself,since the cost for a new one appears to be around 300 .I think I will try cleaning this one before buying a new one .Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by stubbyc View Post
          I was thinking IAC , but wanted to hear it from someone with more experience than myself,since the cost for a new one appears to be around 300 .I think I will try cleaning this one before buying a new one .Thanks for your reply.
          Get an after market one.

They are made by Mitsubishi electric for Suzuki.

Go to the Buy Suzuki Parts link on this form, use your motor details to find the parts page for your motor and find the original part. Use that part number to google search for an IAC valve or contact your local auto parts store, they will have them. Far cheaper than the original Suzuki marine part.

Dont get a real cheap one, try to get a Mitsubishi branded part. They are a common part across many cars.

Comment

Before you go and buy one actually diagnose that the iac valve is the problem don’t assume it is.

Comment

Could the Shift Position Sensor/ Neutral Safety Switch maybe causing this issue? On my engine I can’t advance the throttle while in neutral. If the IAC checks out ok (post #6) consider the Shift Position Sensor or Neutral Safety Switch. Is there a start in gear protection switch built into the throttle/gear selector control?

“2009 df 90 will not crank at idle“ The engine should turn over in neutral with a bad IAC. The engine might not start or idle poorly but it should still turn over with a faulty IAC.

To me your issue sounds like something is our of alignment. You advance the throttle slightly and it all works. Have you tried once running to throttle down to the point where the engine starts with the throttle advanced slightly? I have the same engine.

Comment

Check ohms between pins on IAC correct readings are in Suzuki manual

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response . I did determine that iac was bad and repaced it with a Mitsibishi type , works great Thanks for all of your responses

Comment

Working...
                  X