1996 DT85 Power trim trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 DT85 Power trim trouble

My PTT works fine both up and down however when trimmed to full up position will not trim down despite motor working. Manual release must be used to lower then works as normal.
    I have asked a mechanic and their answer was that there was not enough hydraulic fluid. However I keep filling till it pours out.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by ZNDT85; 01-27-2022, 12:00 AM. Reason: Even worse grammar

I wonder if your trim down limit setting has been inadvertently reset to the position that the engine stops at now? Check your owners manual on how to set the trim/tilt limits.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Murray, I’ll have a look tomorrow and let you know. Cheers
      Last edited by ZNDT85; 01-27-2022, 06:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

A33A12D9-58D2-4C1A-871C-A3266992A224.png There is also a trim sensor and a lower trim sensor cam plate that might have been accidentally moved.

Comment

Murray, this motor is an older 2 stroke motor 1996. It doesn't have the same set up (cams &sensors) as the newer 4 stroke motors.

ZNDT85, I'm thinking one of your solenoids may be at fault, but not easy to tell from here (this side of the computer). If you have a service manual for your motor, it could tell you how to test the output from your solenoids to see if one (up) solenoid is sticking on.

Good luck, post back if you find out.

Comment

Problem solved. I had another suggestion given to open the manual release and let it sit a few hours to get any air to the top of the system. I did this over night before digging further in mechanically.
            Thanks guys for your input. Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X