Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for accepting me

Hello
    First I wanted to Thank you for accepting me. I recently traded a guy a 9.9 Merc and trolling motor for a 25 horse Suzuki. Just wondering how can I identify the year of this motor? The only thing I know is it from the 90's
    Thanks in advance for the help

Mark

Welcome to the forum!

Have a look at the info on this sticky thread, should help you to figure it out.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...nd-year-charts

Comment

Thank you for the link

Comment

Can you post a pic of the model/serial # plate from the clamp on the side of the motor?

Post back on what you have.

Comment

I was going to ask I could only determine the first few characters.
          Attached Files

Comment

232137 are the numbers in the silver non legible portion of the serial number.

Comment

That model and serial number sequence indicates that its a 92 model, oil injected 2-stroke model DT25hp.

See page 15 on this link, near the top of the page.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...5&d=1583952114

Does that align with what you have?

Comment

Moonlighter, thank you very much. The gentleman I got it from said it was from the early to mid 90's. i am really looking forward to trying this motor out.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or reviews with this motor (good, bad, or anything)? What is the level of difficulty to replace the impeller?

Comment

s e l f f i x e r d o t c o m(all one word) has a manual for a 2-65HP- Two Stroke 1992-1999 Shop Repair Manual for $11.95 PDF. Scroll down to the bottom and there a comment that someone offered $5 and was successful.

If your lower unit is anything close to mine (2009 DF90A) it’s a fairly simple job. If this is a salt water engine with a questionable maintenance history dealing with corroded bolts will be your biggest challenge. I would recommend you buy a complete water pump kit as opposed to just an impeller.

Comment

Thank you Murray

Comment

I had a 1991 DT25 3 cylinder 2 stroke, it was a very good motor, a little harder on fuel than the 1988 DT20 2 cylinder it replaced but OIl Injection made up for it. It was updated to a 30hp just by the throttle linkage. I also ran running lights just off of the lighting coil and a Voltage regulator, no battery needed.

All in All, it was as good a motor as my current 2000 30hp 3 cylinder Yamaha, the Yamaha is a little smoother running, but a bit harder on fuel (different boats too) I would be just as happy with it had I not traded it in in 1995.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back D'oh999

Comment

Working...
                          X