No White wire on df115a 14 mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No White wire on df115a 14 mod

Hello. Looking for this white wire on my 14 mod 115a. The only thing connected to the starter motor is + from the battery and 1 cable to the fuse box and main relay. There is no white wire to the battery or main power switch

Did you find the 'Sticky' page?

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...-power-failure

this might help you

But what exactly prompts the question?

There are a couple of places the white wire gets it's power.
    Off the power leg to the starter motor is generally the wrong place as it robs the full power to the ECM which it needs to operate correctly, when you go to start the engine.
    Art

Comment

Hello. Does not have white wire on starter. Only 1 red which supplies main relay and start relay. A white wire goes to the remote control. Must the white wire be disconnected from the remote and straight to the battery with a 15 amp fuse or cut at the motor and straight on the battery??.
      Thanks for reply. Gonna check this out after work

Comment

That red wire going to your fuse box is your main battery feed for the fuse box and the entire system, if you have not got key power coming from a fifteen amp fuse from the battery, it will be feeding the key from a piggy backed wire at the main control relay.
        Buy your self a work shop manual.

These engines have been out there for a long time, and there are variations where key power was supplied, early engines mainly the small fours ignition supply came off the starter main cable at the solenoid and in 2005 with changes to fuse boxes and ecu suzuki decided to come off the main battery supply from a fifteen amp fuse.

Comment

The white wire, if you follow it from the engine to the remote, I am pretty sure you are going to find an inline fuse built into it.
          the white wire should go from the battery switch to the remote, so it is cut at the engine end.
          Art

Comment

Hi .. There is a 15amp on the engine that 2 white wires go out of and into on a common connection to several white wires. As I see now after your answer, I cut the white by remote and put 15amp fuse with new cable to battery. The white wire goes into the remote which then supplies power to the gray wire which supplies the ecu when I turn on the ignition on.
            Thank you for your feedback

Comment

Working...
            X