No announcement yet.

Need help DF6A suzuki please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have contacted the person few days a go but i got no respond so far.

And yes i was refering to that... in some cases the valve gets bend or even the rod.....without any notice. It just happen. I dont know exact symptoms nor further details.....

But again i will ge the external tank and move from there...

Comment

Getting a bit above my pay grade here, If you have a stuck exhaust valve(stuck closed) you would have an overheat issue. If the valve was stuck open your compression would suffer. I don’t know your engine compression specifications but 90psi seems low. A cylinder leak down test might help if the valves are stuck open. I would still concentrate on the fuel system for now since its inexpensive to check and fix. Those small carburetors have very small air/fuel passages and would be prone to gumming up. I did a Google search on Suzuki DF6 issues and stuck valves did show up, seems after the engine sits for a period of time issues arise. I’m hoping your issue is fuel related but if it turns out it’s sticky valves you aren’t the first. Hopefully other forum members with more knowledge than me will add their insight. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
        Getting a bit above my pay grade here, If you have a stuck exhaust valve(stuck closed) you would have an overheat issue. If the valve was stuck open your compression would suffer. I don’t know your engine compression specifications but 90psi seems low. A cylinder leak down test might help if the valves are stuck open. I would still concentrate on the fuel system for now since its inexpensive to check and fix. Those small carburetors have very small air/fuel passages and would be prone to gumming up. I did a Google search on Suzuki DF6 issues and stuck valves did show up, seems after the engine sits for a period of time issues arise. I’m hoping your issue is fuel related but if it turns out it’s sticky valves you aren’t the first. Hopefully other forum members with more knowledge than me will add their insight. Good luck.

Thanks....factory psi is between 58-102 stated in manufacter limits....for this engine df6a.

Thank you for your time....i will wait and hope someone else will pop in and advice.

Comment

Tested with external tank....no change whatsoever. The same issue

Comment

Dismantled the carb like 5 times and tried all....ordered new main jet and once if this wont fix it the engine will go to garage and then changing owners

Comment

Engine still in garage. Had to get new carburetor avaiting asembly and test. Garage claiming its not mechanical issue. We will see

Comment

So got the engine back finally....

1. Garage - suzuki authorized dealer.deachecked all....valves...gears...etc..

Then fitted rpm counter established that the engine is cutting out at 6k rpm which is max output.... its idling at 1200 and then topping out at 6k..... i just dont understand why it does it...half throttle....while it never done the thing before i run out of fuel etc.

They replaced carburetor and all fuel hoses and vents..so i guess i cant go more then half throttle as it will be max already....which is ridiculous....

Comment

Hi i got a Suzuki df6a 2nd hand and when running i see some bubbles in the area indicated in the picture ...is it normal? Also the screw seems to be loose
                  IMG_20230313_135837.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X