No announcement yet.

VST tank overfilling. fuel coming out of vapour purge line into manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tested the pressure yet but after I changed the low pressure fuel pump it quit having issues so thought that fixed my pressure issue. I also changed the pressure regulator after the low pressure pump.

Comment

Mate if the low pressure pump has less than ten psi and fuel is still coming out of the top of the vst then something is stopping the float from controlling the fuel level or fuel is somehow getting past the needle and seat.

Comment

I was going to look at that again. Maybe even adjust it. Its brand new but maybe it's off just a bit.

Comment

The VST is very easy to adjust
          Mine was off by quit alot and after adjustment it runs perfect
          Which begs the question?
          How does the VST get out of adjustment and in my case, by more than 1/4" out?

Comment

I adjusted it twice and it hasn't changed. I still think it's a pressure issue. Is there a pressure switch or sensor that tells the pump to come on?

Comment

Didn't you just fit a low pressure aftermarket fuel pump, it would have the pressure and flow information in the packaging. Normally after market low pressure pumps have an internal pressure switch set to about six psi.

Comment

If this is the same issue cayman had, the start of this thread, a lot of tail chasing with bow fisherman. A needle valve will seat when the float lifts. If the VST is overfilling its because its not operating correctly. Sorry y'all the problem isn't pressure. The float lifts and the needle valve seats. Period. This was the same issue Cayman solved early on. Sorry if I'm missing something.

Comment

I should have emphasized, I believe the problem is the float and or needle valve. I think at one point someone was saying purchase a new one. Yikes. I know how difficult it is to keep going back and forth pulling off to get to VST, to make adjustments. That's part of counting the cost to bite the bullet and buy one or not and continue pulling everything apart to test it. My opinion is worth the price charged, but still should be considered

Comment

I've taken the needle and seat out twice in the last few days. Re adjusted the float three times. It works in the garage but when I take it out on the lake it starts spraying fuel. I'm done. Its going to the mechanic as soon as I can get it in. I feel like its something simple but I'm tired on dealing with it. Thank you all for the input.

Comment

When you replaced the needle and seat did you get the correct parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Afterhours bowfishing LLC View Post
                        I've taken the needle and seat out twice in the last few days. Re adjusted the float three times. It works in the garage but when I take it out on the lake it starts spraying fuel. I'm done. Its going to the mechanic as soon as I can get it in. I feel like its something simple but I'm tired on dealing with it. Thank you all for the input.
                        I should have woke up earlier, the reason it works on the bench, their is no high pressure fuel, you have got fuel leaking from the rubber grommet between the high pressure pump and the outlet, filling the vst and that is why it sprays out. A five dollar part.
                        I kept focusing on the needle and seat, as soon as you said spraying the penny dropped.

Comment

Redlowery, it's crazy when the light flips on. You're talking about the "seal" between the top and bottom of the VST housing? That would certainly make it spray out. Bowfishing is gonna want to jump off the roof if that is what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post

I should have woke up earlier, the reason it works on the bench, their is no high pressure fuel, you have got fuel leaking from the rubber grommet between the high pressure pump and the outlet, filling the vst and that is why it sprays out. A five dollar part.
                            I kept focusing on the needle and seat, as soon as you said spraying the penny dropped.
                            I sure hope you're right. I put it on this evening. Plan on taking it out Saturday so we will see.

Comment

I have to say. I'm getting pretty good at taking the VST pump off. Lol. Took abou 15 to 20 min this time. Bi think I could probably close my eyes and do it.

Comment

Just make sure you know what I am talking about, the rubber grommet that the high pressure pump pushes in to, it is not holding pressure, it only has to have a slight leak, but with 36 psi it would fill the vst very quick and over flow into the purge line. This is one thing you won't forget in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X