No announcement yet.

VST tank overfilling. fuel coming out of vapour purge line into manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. That's what I changed. I went ahead and bought the rubber piece for the bottom also. It wasn't pliable at all and it was $6.

Comment

Sadly the issue still exists. I have now replaced everything with the VST tank except the tank itself and the HP fuel pump. Engine also seems to be running rich and has a rough idle. If I unplug the EVAP switch it doesn't spray fuel. Think I'm gonna wave my white flag. Lol

Comment

is fuel still coming out the top of the vst What do mean when you un plug The evap line no fuel coming out

Comment

if no fuel is coming out of the top of the vst it won’t be running rich because of the vst unless the pressure reg is not blowing off, remember now that there will be no fuel leaking past the seal between the pump and the outlet the rail pressure will be a bit higher.
          If it is still coming out of the top of the vst I am sorry I have run out of ideas

Comment

Yes it is still coming out of the vent line. The EVap purge solenoid switch is on the vent line. Vent line runs up to it the to the intake.
            I appreciate the help. I'm sure its something simple I'm not seeing.

Comment

Is it possible the float itself is bad? This would prevent the needle valve and seat to shut off the fuel entering, and the vst would overflow?

Just another possibility, good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
                Is it possible the float itself is bad? This would prevent the needle valve and seat to shut off the fuel entering, and the vst would overflow?

Just another possibility, good luck, post back on what you find out.
                New float was installed. Old one was tested and had no issues either.

Comment

Mechanic called and says its fixed. He's thinking it had a few issues but the last one was self inflicted. Lol. I installed the new Lp check/regulator backwards so the Lp pump deadheaded straight to the needle and seat which overpowered it. That's why this time it only trickled fuel out of the vent tube and didn't spray it a foot in the air like it was previously. Lesson learned. On a plus side I think I found a new HONEST mechanic. Most around here would have tried selling me a power head. Anyways, thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

I think I asked that question page 2 post 27, any way lesson learnt, It is hard giving advice over the internet.

Comment

I have 2019 Suzuki 300 vst problems .fuel coming out of the purge line .Does not do it when it is cold only after about thirty min of use turn it off ,turn it back on gas in the way.ivehad three mechanics work on it weve changed floats needle valve still does it.Replaced it with brand new vst tank still same issue.replaced the low pressure fuel pump nothing any suggestions dave

Comment

Are you 100% sure that the low pressure fuel pump relief valve is connected in the right orientation, because if it isn't the vst will over fill because the excess fuel cannot return back to the fuel inlet side.
                        What happens is the fuel in the vst fills till the float shuts most of it off and the excess opens the relief valve and returns it to the intake side, otherwise the low pressure pump pressure will over come the the floats ability to control the level and it will fill the vst and over flow into the purge line.

Comment

Just started troubleshooting a fuel slick coming from twin '17 140s. I find it strange is that both engines are doing the same thing. Only 120 hours on the motors and they run fantastic. I hope to pull it out of the water soon to see if it is the VST overflow described by Bowfishing. BUT both motors at the same time? To my knowledge no one has performed any work on these motors other than an oil change. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X