DT30 2 stroke problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT30 2 stroke problems

Posting this on behalf of a member on Bassboats who has tried to activate his account on this forum numerous times but without success.

Any help appreciated. I will pass advice on to him.

“When I turn the key on it beeps for about 3 seconds then starts beeping very fast . I disconnected the water temp & pressure sensors , oil tank sensor , & sensor on the carb for the oil injection , but it still beeps fast .

While its beeping I can ground out the water sensors & it will give the normal alarm . The only way to stop it from beeping is to unplug the wire going to the warning light on the engine.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?”

Link to his thread over on BBC forum, if you are a member there you can reply direct.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1176019

When I first signed up, the forum wouldn’t accept my email address as valid. I used the contact us for boats.net and asked for help (via email)

Comment

Sounds like dirty wiring connections either at the motor or gauges. Check all connections, a first step.
      Then I would check each temp sensor, oil flow switch, oil level switch, and any other sensors per service manual.

Good luck, post back on what you find.

Comment

Working...
      X