Suzuki DF40A not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF40A not starting

Hello hello! I have problem of engine not starting,i have fresh fuel,but fuel is not coming to fuel rail,engine turns good. Did someone had same issue maybe to guide me a bit? Thank you all!

Not much for details. When was the last time your fuel filter was changed? Maybe your fuel lines have deteriorated and are restricting fuel flow, maybe your fuel pump is shot? Pick up in your fuel tank plugged? VST internal fuel filters plugged up? Check everything fuel related from the tank to the fuel rail. I’d disconnect the fuel line at the fuel pump, pump the bulb and see if your getting fuel to the fuel pump. If your getting fuel to the fuel pump then your issue is between the fuel pump and the fuel rail.

Comment

Hello there. I have fresh fuel in tank,it comes to prime pump on engine,pumps also feeds fuel when cranking,but no fuel to fuel rail. Outboard is only 4 years old,low hours has it,will try tommorow remove inlet manifold and see if main fuel pump is working.

Comment

Check and make sure you have battery supply and a ground at the pump before you condemn it.

Comment

Battery supply is excellent,engine is cranking good,have removed today fuel pump housing,and tested pump,it's dead,probably bad fuel did internal damage,modern gasoline in Europe is starting to be quite bad regarding quality..And worse news after this troubleshooting,new original pump costs 448 euros,unbelivable,such small shitty pump and Suzuki asks so much money,horrible.

Ebay,or similar online shops will be solution,far more cheaper and same pump,will keep you guys posted when i get new pump and start with installation.

Comment

When you have it fixed and running again, I recommend that you install a water separating fuel filter between the tank and the engine, Racor makes a smaller one suitable for you engine. This will prevent water getting into the pump again and corroding it out.

Comment

Working...
            X