Tps sensor angle suzuki 115a 14 mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tps sensor angle suzuki 115a 14 mod

Tps sensor question. Which angle should be displayed on the sds when the tps sensor is fully open 6000 rpm. Or from 2500-3000-3500-4000 upwards.
    Or is it volts that controls the ecm?
    Last edited by Freddy jakob; 08-19-2022, 06:44 AM.

Full open throttle 3.73v and 76.17° angle. Closed is 0.68v and 0° angle

Comment

Mate you have got your self in more trouble than the early settlers, how did you blow your scope up and what brand and type was it.
      That would have been the perfect tool to test your throttle position switch.

with a 5 volt reference you usually would not get more than 4 volts wide open throttle, and around .6 for closed throttle. Early systems usually had a set figure below 1 volt but could encounter problems if it was not set very close to what was stipulated causing idle problems.

In later systems they set a larger margin for closed throttle usually between .4 and 1 volt and would call that zero percent of throttle opening. If the voltage was higher or lower than the set values it would log a code.
      The computer has algorithms built in to know what the rpm should be at idle.

For that to be causing your problem, the signal voltage would have to be dropping in and out at that particular throttle opening to cause the hesitation.

Comment

Hi redlowrey. I ruined the osolyscope with the wrong power supply... Bought a new one. I had hoped that the engine would be healthy when I got rid of the electrical disturbance. When I give the throttle up, the rpm is very uneven. As it loses power and hesitation. A symptom of too much air and little fuel. The flap here completely closed and open during the measurements to sds. I will try and measure with the osolyscope on tps. In the manual it says that you must never adjust the tps. Has no other similar flap opening and readings. If I use an osolyscope and measure current output, it should be a completely stable measurement all the way up to WOT and 5v input. Thank you for your feedback

Comment

You are measuring voltage not current, you are going to measure the voltage that changes when you open the throttle not the 5 volt reference voltage.

Comment

Hello. Ok thanks.will do it. Will update when it's done.

Comment

The problem you’re describing doesn’t sound like a throttle position problem. Make a video with the engine idling and opening the throttle to around 2000 rpm so I can hear it miss.

Comment

Working...
              X