New members having difficulty joining forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members having difficulty joining forum

Seen several reports on other forums such as THT of people wanting to join this forum but not being able to despite several attempts…..

Would be worth someone in A D M I N having a look to see if the new member signup process is working properly.

Ok I can confirm that the new member sign-up is not working. The captur feature (where you have to mark squares to prove you are a human) is inoperative!!

***** this needs your attention. I am going to report my own post here to try to get your attention.

Comment

I will let ***** know there is a problem, Thank You!
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Grant
        any follow up from ***** ??

Comment

Art, they told me that they would get A D M I M to sort it out.

I havent tested it again since then. Will try again later today.

Comment

Just tried. No change, its still not working

I have flagged my post again to try to get someone to fix it.

Comment

Tried a "new post". Seems to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
                Tried a "new post". Seems to work?
                New posts work, but if you log out and try to “sign up” as a new member (I used my wife’s name and email address etc) you cant join up because the “Captur” security feature that makes you do that stuff of identifying all the squares in the matrix with a bike, traffic lights or whatever to prove you are human and not a bot, just isnt appearing, so you cant get past that point to register as a forum member.

Give it a try and see what you find !!

I would think that something like this that prevents new members joining the forum and participating might get the attention of someone in a d m i n and should be easily fixed, but apparently not.

This lack of a d m i n support is why several of us who were moderators here resigned from those roles.

Comment

Ok, I see the difference.

Comment

Unfortunately, ***** has decided to discontinue *****istration services on this forum which means they will not have anyone to approve new members or address problems that may arise.
                    I'm sorry, this has been a very informative forum for many years for all members and guest. It will remain available to members and guest.
                    You will need to contact your boats.net representative for additional information.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                      Unfortunately, ***** has decided to discontinue *****istration services on this forum which means they will not have anyone to approve new members or address problems that may arise.
                      I'm sorry, this has been a very informative forum for many years for all members and guest. It will remain available to members and guest.
                      You will need to contact your boats.net representative for additional information.
                      Dont really know how to respond to that news….

How does one “contact your boats.net representative for further information”?

I thought that would be you??

Do you have a name and an email address, or other means by which contact can be made with the elusive A D M I N ?
                      Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-10-2023, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing not. They told us that the last time the system was down for many days. So guessing these forums are ending again, and this might be the final ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
                          I'm guessing not. They told us that the last time the system was down for many days. So guessing these forums are ending again, and this might be the final ending.
                          I tend to agree, sounds like the forum is basically dead in the water.

Comment

What’s the second best Suzuki forum out there? Need something to read while I’m having my morning coffee, the news is too depressing!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
                              What’s the second best Suzuki forum out there? Need something to read while I’m having my morning coffee, the news is too depressing!
                              I’m not sure about any other forums. There is a Suzuki engine page on the bassboats BBC forum, but of course, it’s specifically about Suzukis on bassboats.

There are a couple of Suzuki outboard Facebook pages.

I might do some digging and see if one of them looks good.

I have just now joined one called “Official Suzuki Outboard Owners and Fans” and will see how it looks. Seems to get 20+ new posts daily. Just hope its not overly “US” oriented and realise there is a whole world outside America too LOL!

But if its not good …… then:

What do you guys think about us starting a Suzuki facebook group page?

Its easy enough to set them up, and have key info saved on the “Files” section of a group page, so could put all the “sticky” type info onto files and save them there.

The main downside on Facebook is that there isnt a listing of discussion threads but you can search the page for answers to questions, but hardly anyone does that and just posts their questions up. We’d need a few of us to be *****/mods.
                              Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-11-2023, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X