C10 Guage not displaying info after service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1AF00915-6EEE-44EE-B6BD-5473C7D666B5.jpeg

here’s a screen capture from the video. This fuel filter on the engine isn’t is only about 2/3 rds full, in the video you can see the fuel sloshing around in it. On my Yamahas that I’ve had in the past, this filter was alwas Full, nor air at all. I have a fuel filter separator mounted on the inside of the transom that has the glass bowl so you can see the fuel. It’s full and clear (amber color but no water or debris). Could this be a fuel starvation issue?

Comment

artdf175 i know you’ve commented on similar issues to what I’m having currently with the engine running and idling rough. In my post above I took a screen capture of the inline fuel filter on the back of the motor, it’s not filled with fuel while running, you can see the fuel sloshing around and the filter is only about 2/3rds full. Vent on the tank is not clogged and there’s no anti siphon valve on it.

Comment

Check your water separation fuel filter. May have picked up a tank of contaminated fuel.

Comment

Checked it, fuel is clear, no water or debris. I’m concerned that the inline filter on the engine is not full when running

Comment

The picture provided in post #16 is amber coloured as you stated. Fresh fuel should be clear. Did you add a fuel conditioner that would change the colour?

Comment

Just went out and cranked it up. Starts instantly as usual, but Still running rough. Full bulb is hard, inline fuel filter is full. Strong smell of fuel coming fro exhaust. Could this be a cylinder not firing? I’m currently looking for another Suzuki dealer in the Atlanta area to take it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
                The picture provided in post #16 is amber coloured as you stated. Fresh fuel should be clear. Did you add a fuel conditioner that would change the colour?
                No conditioner, just non ethanol fuel.

Comment

Change the filter element anyway. Doesnt cost much and should be done every second year anyway.

Comment

I drove it it up to a larger Suzuki dealer and service center this afternoon, it’s 2 hours away from me. They’re on Lake Lanier. I’ll let you know what they say. They were far more professional than the dealer that had it a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybord View Post

No conditioner, just non ethanol fuel.
                      Looking at your picture of the water separator filter looks to me that your fuel is amber coloured, you also mention that the fuel is amber coloured. Old stale fuel will turn a light yellow and progressively get darker as the fuel deteriorates. The symptoms your having could be stale fuel. If you used gerry cans to add fuel you should be able to collect a few drops in a shot glass to check if you purchased fresh fuel. Fuel should look like water, clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post

Looking at your picture of the water separator filter looks to me that your fuel is amber coloured, you also mention that the fuel is amber coloured. Old stale fuel will turn a light yellow and progressively get darker as the fuel deteriorates. The symptoms your having could be stale fuel. If you used gerry cans to add fuel you should be able to collect a few drops in a shot glass to check if you purchased fresh fuel. Fuel should look like water, clear.
                        The separator has an amber tint to it, the fuel itself is clear.

Comment

Moonlighter got a call from the new dealer I took it to, 2 fouled plugs. Filters, fuel, fuel pumps etc all good. They replaced all 4 spark plugs. They took it out on the water ran great. I’ll pick it up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybord View Post
                            Moonlighter got a call from the new dealer I took it to, 2 fouled plugs. Filters, fuel, fuel pumps etc all good. They replaced all 4 spark plugs. They took it out on the water ran great. I’ll pick it up in the morning.
                            Its amazing what a competent mechanic can do! LOL!

Comment

Sorry I missed your earlier question
                              sounds like the fuel could have been old
                              make sure to put stabilizer in every time you fill
                              and back to the question on the inline filter
                              No Air
                              with the water glass filter full-- It would indicate to me a air leak between that filter and the engine
                              I had great difficulty finding that on my engine-- turned out to be the primer bulb--- was leaking air on the fuel bulb nipple/connector where the fuel hose attaches
                              the seal had gone bad
                              replaced the bulb and situation fixed..Art

Comment

Working...
                              X