Iac df115a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iac df115a

Hello. Where can you find an iac for a suzuki df115a with a reasonable price? In Norway it costs NOK 6,000. I see there are more on AliExpress with part number 18137-77E00 but I don't know if they are of good quality.

Found this on e-bay.
    Looks the same except for the spring inside https://www.ebay.com/itm/305295064565
    Last edited by Freddy jakob; 05-25-2024, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Auto parts store.

Get the Mitsubishi branded one, they make the Suzuki version for Suzuki. Bit more expensive than the cheap models but OeM quality.

Comment

Thanks. Do you know the part number that mitsubishi uses?

Comment

Google the Suzuki number and you will find the equivalent part number. They’re quite common parts used on many cars.

Comment

Will try it. Thanks

Comment

I don't think Mitsubishi make an iac valve for the smaller engines, your iac valve is totally different than the Mitsubishi stepper motor used on the v six Suzuki outboard motors. What is wrong with yours. Yours is just a magnetic plunger type, the Mitsubishi is a 6 wire stepper motor.
              Freddy you seem to get into more trouble than the early settlers.

Comment

Hi redlowrey. My iac has started stalling the engine when going from forward to reverse and sometimes when coming down from cruise speed. I cleaned it last year. It was replaced together with the ecu about 7 years ago and has worked well until last year. Have checked google for part number but come back to suzuki original part number. The spring and the plug are different than on other cheaper versions of the pirate part. I was only thinking of hearing if there are others who have tried other manufacturers that have quality and are reliable. Sees it has been discussed on the forum with different outcomes.
                Last edited by Freddy jakob; 05-26-2024, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Mate it is easy to check, just apply battery voltage and a ground, check the winding resistance and connect an amp meter in series and see how much current it draws. If it is working you will see the plunger retract in and out when you connect the circuit on and off.

Some of those A series engines had problems with shorted windings and were pulling too much current and frying the output driver that controls the circuit.

Comment

Thanks for the reply redlowrey.
                    Do you know how much current it draws? I'll test this when I'm back on the boat. I think I have what it takes to do this
                    Last edited by Freddy jakob; 05-26-2024, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X