No announcement yet.

df 60 wont run longer than 30 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im updating this as I go and if anyone has ideas please let me know.
    I bought another MAp sensor and that did not help.
    I checked fuel pressure between HP fuel filter and rail and got 37psi and also checked at the top of the rail and got 37 psi there as well.
    The SDS program has turned out not to be the help that I thought it would be. I still have 3 codes: Injector, Map sensor 2 and IAC valve. IAC Valve seems to be working correctly.all injectors are working and as I stated above a new Map sensor did not make any difference.
    The one thing that has changed is that it will no longer idle. It has went back to running for 30-45 seconds and then stalling. Cranks and runs fine for 20 seconds and then surges as if its running out of gas then stalls.

Comment

Keep an eye on the pressure gage, if you see it starting to drop when the engine starts surging you will know it is a fuel problem

Comment

Paul, will your diagnostics run a crank position sensor test? I'm wondering if that sensor is reading different when cold, and after warmed up some? It seems you've tested everything else multiple times. Just a thought, but it can affect the motor running, especially if it is acting up when it warms up? Also check that connector.

Good luck. Post back if anything shows up.

Comment

ITS FIXED!!!!! Finally. A few days ago I had a guy stop by and take a look at it and see what he thought. He was thinking the same as Redlowry in the fuel so we put a gauge at the top of the rail and run it but no change in psi. We found that the linkage on the throttle body was very hard to move. took throttle body off cleaned the bearing. We aslo found that the CTP sensor was not working correctly so we made a new connection and fixed that. I adjusted the idle and took it to the lake. It run better than it did a year ago when we bought it. So it was probably a combination of the ctp sensor and hard to move linkage in the throttle body. It has taken me two months but I have learned a lot about my motor. Well worth the time i've spent. I really appreciate you guys taken the time to help me.

Comment

Glad you got to the bottom of it mate!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulinFL View Post
              ITS FIXED!!!!! Finally. A few days ago I had a guy stop by and take a look at it and see what he thought. He was thinking the same as Redlowry in the fuel so we put a gauge at the top of the rail and run it but no change in psi. We found that the linkage on the throttle body was very hard to move. took throttle body off cleaned the bearing. We aslo found that the CTP sensor was not working correctly so we made a new connection and fixed that. I adjusted the idle and took it to the lake. It run better than it did a year ago when we bought it. So it was probably a combination of the ctp sensor and hard to move linkage in the throttle body. It has taken me two months but I have learned a lot about my motor. Well worth the time i've spent. I really appreciate you guys taken the time to help me.
              Mate the only function of the closed throttle switch is to tell the ecu the throttle has been closed, so that it bypasses more air from the iac and advance the timing a bit more so the engine won't stall, dash pot effect. I read your very first post and I think the give away was the bottom plug being wet. was the smoke black or blue, it could be as simple as one coil dropping in and out depending on load either one cyl or two.

Comment

You were right. After my post we took it out twice and on the second trip it reverted back to what it had been doing. We were done with it at the time and put it up for the winter. After baseball season we started working on it again and took it to a shop and they said it was the vst tank and HP filter. We cleaned out the vst which did have some junk in the bottom and replace HP filter. No change. Checked fuel pressure and still at 37psi.
                Redlowry on your last post you said something about the coil dropping in and out. Can that be tested? a new one is $164 each.

Comment

you better fill us in on what's happening now.

Comment

Working...
                  X