New member... What do I have?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member... What do I have?!?!

Little back story.... Ive always had Bass boats with Merc outboards but 6 years ago I somehow ended up with a1991 ranger 397V fish/ski with a Suzuki 150 on the back. I never heard it runSo I'm not sure if it does. Shortly after getting the boat I had a heart attack and the boat was put in storage under cover in the back of my driveway. That was 6 years ago. My 2 sons are old enough that they want to go fishing so I built a car port to cover the boat and restored the gel coat ordered new carpet and now I need to address the outboard. Can you guys help identify what model/year it is? Should I remove the plugs and squirt oil....marvel mystery oil or wd-40 in case the rings are froze? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!!!A5A97C94-EDA4-46BF-8D2E-9518984CD4CE.jpeg
    Attached Files

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...5&d=1583952114

From the “Sticky” at the top of this forum

Comment

I looked there but I don't have an ID tag on my motor or hood...I looked everywhere the other companies have been known to put them but didn't find anything.... I'm assuming a previous owner removed it.

Comment

Nevermind...I read it wrong.... Thanks

Comment

Looks like a DT 150, if you take a pic of the transom clamp serial number plate, usually on the left side of the clamp, we'r might be able to help you? It does look look like it might be newer than 1991 model?

After sitting up for so long, you will probably have to clean carbs, or fuel injection system if it has that. And any starting of motor should be premixed oil and fuel until certain oil system is working properly. Using two-stroke oil and fuel spray directly into carbs, or into plug holes when first turning it over would be best.

Post back when able.

Comment

I'm not sure of the year but it is a carbed motor. I tilted the motor fully up and sprayed some marvel miracle oil in the cylinders and let it sit a day. I jogged it over with the key and it broke free pretty easily. I cracked it a few short bursts to spray the oil out of the holes and added the old plugs back in. I bypassed the gas tank and used a 5 gallon can so I didn't have to worry about the old fuel left in the tank. It started pretty easily but alarms started going off after a minute of idling because I'm guessing the water pump was dead. You helped me on another post I made about the water pump. The motor would idle in spurts and shut off... Not sure if it was shutting itself off because the water alarm was going off or it was more likely because I was using a cheap ass $5 primer bulb meant to be a syphon... Wasn't going to spend $$$ on a good primer bulb of the motor was seized. I put new plugs in and she fires off first turn now just waiting on the water pump and new primer bulb to come in.
            I found the metal info tag too... I'll take a picture and post it today or tomorrow. Thanks for all the help!!
            Last edited by Importkillerrr; 05-07-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X