Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd sound on DF 115 ATL.

Please Guys

Own this new Suzuki and after starting the motor in my garage ( Tank ) i noticed this weird odd sound . Sound appears after putting the motor to normal idle after revving it up a bit. Is it Normal on a new 4 stroke Suzuki DF 115 ATL?
    Sorry about the quality of the audio but on the 1st video odd sound is clear from minute 0:12 while on the 2 nd video the sound could be clearly heard from minute 1:00 onwards. Appreciate your help.
    https://youtu.be/L9NQ4I7r2vo

https://youtu.be/uafzJdON5Ww

This may seem like a dumb question but- did you check the oil level?
    You are getting an alarm on your guage that is telling you something
    Art

Comment

I don't know what causes that noise, but i do hear it on my motor.

On my 2016 DF140A, its not as noticable as yours. I hear mine at idle, I never have to rev the motor to make it happen. At first I thought it sounded like a dry bearing, or bushing noise. I checked the oil level prior to starting, so I knew that was ok. It also sounds like when an electrical motor is going bad, say a vehicle cooling fan motor, fuel pump, etc. I'm not sure if the sound is transmitting from a different area to the VST area. It seems to be the loudest around the VST area. I haven't used a stethoscope yet to check around more.
      If you do find out; please post back, and I will do the same.

Your TM seems to be flashing a 3-6 code from the check engine lamp. In the latest service manual for the DF100a, 115a, 140a - It relates to an O2 sensor.
      Henry

Comment

My df140 has been making the noise for 1000 hours, I pulled the leg off the fist time I heard it, nothing wrong greased it put it back together. Sometimes when I hear it I put my hand around the top hose and I can feel the water pulsating and I thought it might be the pressure valve in the leg buzzing I don't take any notice of it any more. Good luck with the o2 sensor, the dick head Suzuki engineers have out smarted themselves with that one, the only way you could successfully run an o2 sensor in a boat is with gasoline direct injection.

Comment

For O2 sensor - contact your dealer to have it replaced - warranty.

Comment

yes o2 sensor is going to be changed . Phoned dealer about it. heard many about changing the O2 sensor. Do they install another model of the o2 sensor? or the same. ? As its new im wandering. regarding the sound even i dont know . will keep you posted if i get some feedback. its a strange sound as you heard. Thanks for your input mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nayna32 View Post
              I don't know what causes that noise, but i do hear it on my motor.

On my 2016 DF140A, its not as noticable as yours. I hear mine at idle, I never have to rev the motor to make it happen. At first I thought it sounded like a dry bearing, or bushing noise. I checked the oil level prior to starting, so I knew that was ok. It also sounds like when an electrical motor is going bad, say a vehicle cooling fan motor, fuel pump, etc. I'm not sure if the sound is transmitting from a different area to the VST area. It seems to be the loudest around the VST area. I haven't used a stethoscope yet to check around more.
              If you do find out; please post back, and I will do the same.

Your TM seems to be flashing a 3-6 code from the check engine lamp. In the latest service manual for the DF100a, 115a, 140a - It relates to an O2 sensor.
              yes o2 sensor is going to be changed . Phoned dealer about it. heard many about changing the O2 sensor. Do they install another model of the o2 sensor? or the same. ? As its new im wandering. regarding the sound even i dont know . will keep you posted if i get some feedback. its a strange sound as you heard. Thanks for your input mate.

Comment

Upgraded version of O2 sensor will be fitted. Not heard of anyone having further problems once it's fitted.

Ask the dealer about the sound when you take motor back re sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                  Upgraded version of O2 sensor will be fitted. Not heard of anyone having further problems once it's fitted.

Ask the dealer about the sound when you take motor back re sensor.
                  Thanks Mate. Yes thats what im going to do. Dealer is abroad at the mo and re sound im asking just to put my mind at rest cause not sure if it is something serious or not or if its normal or not. Cant wait when he will be back will have to wait and see.
                  Thanks again mate

Comment

Im bumbing this thread. Exactly the same sound started on my engine yesterday. Only when you apply some throttle and let of you hear it. Did you ever fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Karnic View Post
                      Please Guys

Own this new Suzuki and after starting the motor in my garage ( Tank ) i noticed this weird odd sound . Sound appears after putting the motor to normal idle after revving it up a bit. Is it Normal on a new 4 stroke Suzuki DF 115 ATL?
                      Sorry about the quality of the audio but on the 1st video odd sound is clear from minute 0:12 while on the 2 nd video the sound could be clearly heard from minute 1:00 onwards. Appreciate your help.
                      https://youtu.be/L9NQ4I7r2vo
                      The exact same sound is comming now from my DF140 (model 2010). Has anybody found a solution to the problem?

Comment

I have the same sound. I belive its from the water system???

Comment

I have a proble with my Suzuki DF 115. It will start right up everytime unable to shut it off with the key or kill cord must disconect the battery to shut down the motor. Can anyone help with this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by oklahoma sooner1 View Post
                            I have a proble with my Suzuki DF 115. It will start right up everytime unable to shut it off with the key or kill cord must disconect the battery to shut down the motor. Can anyone help with this issue.
                            First thing what year, there is different circuitry for the main control relay ground from early and late engines. If your emergency stop plate is working properly, I would say you have had an internal failure inside the ecu. If the ignition key failed or the contacts in the main control relay stuck closed, activating the emergency stop switch should have grounded the 5 volt circuitry and shut the engine down.

You need to do some detective work, If you don't know how, to take it to an auto electrician not a Suzuki dealer.

Comment

Hello. I find that the sound must come from the oil pressure valve. If you hold your fingers on an oil filter or a stethoscope, you can easily hear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X