No announcement yet.

Suzuki DF60 2004 Won't go above 3000 rpms No error codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it would be 1.7 volts with the map sensor disconnected and the key on, which is no good must be 4 volts. I had a look on your sds and I could see the barometric value and see that you were at sea level. If you had a short to ground in that white wire from pin 29 to the map sensor plug I would think it would pull that voltage to zero, easy to test, with the computer plug and the map sensor plug disconnected connect a test light to battery pos and probe pin 29 white wire if it is shorted to ground the test light will light up.

Comment

The light didn’t light up on any parts of the white wire/pin29

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        I guess I am still suspicious about the switch Red!

Im not aware of too many other conditions that dont throw a fault code that would be stored on ecu that would limit rpm to about 3000rpm? Especially if things like spark plugs have been changed and fuel flow/pressure verified to be OK. Not sure if he has addressed those issues though?

The only other thing I can offer apart from your suggestion re throttle not fully opening is a low voltage issue to the ecu - not long after I added NMEA2000 interface to my engine, we had the intermittent issue with no acceleration past 3000rpm on occasion, and it turned out to be a false low voltage signal somehow caused by the interface connection to the ecu that threw it into safe mode and limited rpm. It felt very doughy even below that rpm. Re-routed power supply for the interface cable to a different source as per the Service Bulletin they subsequently issued, problem solved.

So perhaps there could be a bad wiring connection to the ecu or something? Bad white wire?
        can you walk me thru how you saw the low voltage to the ecu with the NMEA2000 connected? i have the nmea connected and i am having the 3000 rpm issue.
        and a occasional no crank issue most likely connected with the neutral switch, i move the gear selector back and forth and it starts. The no crank is a new issue the 3000 rpm issuesis 2 years old.

And what is the "white wire" is see you mentioning?

i just updated my post and commented on one of your comments tonight,

Maybe you can write up a "3000 max rpm " post/Sticky
        Thanks...

Comment

White wire sticky

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...-power-failure

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
            Looks like i have some reading to do.
            . Its been a while since i delt with my NMEA 2000 wiring. It took me a while to get it working and wiring it like most did , did not work for me. I needed to switch two of the four wires to make it work.
            Here is what i posted last night.

2017 DF25ATL2 with remote control

2 years ago, every once in a while i would be driving along in my 16.5ft Alumicraft Escape . And the rpms would cut back to 3000 rpms.
            The engine would run just fine like this but would not go over 3000 rpms when it had been cruising along at 5200 rpms.
            The first time it happened i was on a large lake in Northern Minnesota. At the time i didnt dare turn it off for fear of not starting.
            I made it to camp . After turning off the engine and restarting it ran fine. Even at 5200 rpms.
            So i went back and set up camp. Later that day i went out fishing. After hitting a couple of spots close by i decided to head to the next bay. I was cruising at 5200 rpms when again the motor just cut back to 3000 rpms. If i shut the motor off and restarted it would idle good, and might get back up to 5200 rpms for a while then just cut back to 3000 rpm , still running just fine.

I limped around like this for three days. Sometimes cruising at 5200 rpms for long distances then it would start acting up.
            When i got home i put my ebay suzuki scanner on it and had no codes. BPR scanner i believe.
            While up at the lake despite having fresh gas for the trip. i flushed new gas thru the system and cleaned both filters. No change. After getting back home to Minneapolis i flushed it again.
            Went out on the lake to watch some fireworks. It cut back three times before getting a quarter mile.
            The next time out a buzzed around our lake for an hour. , It ran fine at 5200 rpm.
            The boat was used little if any the rest of the year. The next year i took it out on a nearby lake and buzzed around for an hour with no issues. the next week took it back up north. It ran fine the first day but the second day it ran good for ten minutes then cut back to 3000 rpm. No codes, no buzzing that i can recall. I dont remember checking the three lights on the engine. I know, my bad

A new symptom popped up recently. Occasionally i get no crank when i turn the key. I can always get it started by shifting it out of neutral and back in, and it will start.

QUESTIONS...
            1. Is there a neutral switch on the engine as well as in the remote control?
            2. Will not resetting the oil change alarm, trigger the cut back to 3000 rpm? I have done all my own maintenance and did not know about the reset procedure. Should this set a code?
            Last year i did put a oil pressure gauge in place of the Oil pressure switch and i had good pressure at idle. I dont think i read the pressure at 5200 rpm.

3. The dealer recently gave me a laminated card with the reset code for the remote. I was told the engine would beep after doing the reset procedure. Mine did not beep. can anyone test there engine to see if theirs beeps every time even if you reset it three times in a minute. I have not bussed around after the reset.

4. I believe some larger suzuki outboards have two neutral safety switches. One on the motor and one in the controller. If i am cruising along at 5200 rpms and 17 mph and the neutral switch were to open up, would the computer limit the engine to 3000 rpm and if so would it throw a code?

5. Is there a neutral switch adjustment on the controller? Or is the switch just a replacement item? Is this tricky to take apart

here is the controller i have....
            https://www.crowleymarine.com/suzuki...25at-p03?ref=7

6 The outfitter i sleep at before putting in in the morning has the same motor as I do, I am not sure if the year is the same. He had his high pressure fuel pump replaced. But i dont think we had quite the same symptoms.

So did i
            A....chase an issue for two years when a simple oil reminder reset would have solved it?
            B....Or is it a loose neutral switch in the controller that is now giving me two symptoms? C....Or is it really my hi pressure fuel pump?
            D.... none of the above?

Here is the updated fuel pump part number for my engine.
            15200-94L11 and have found it at these 6 locations. Are there any sellers here you would stay away from?

Browns point $376
            Precision marine $345
            Boat.net $367
            PartsVu $342
            PPT performance product technologies $338
            Marine parts source $334

What other information would you like?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
              I guess I am still suspicious about the switch Red!

Im not aware of too many other conditions that dont throw a fault code that would be stored on ecu that would limit rpm to about 3000rpm? Especially if things like spark plugs have been changed and fuel flow/pressure verified to be OK. Not sure if he has addressed those issues though?

The only other thing I can offer apart from your suggestion re throttle not fully opening is a low voltage issue to the ecu - not long after I added NMEA2000 interface to my engine, we had the intermittent issue with no acceleration past 3000rpm on occasion, and it turned out to be a false low voltage signal somehow caused by the interface connection to the ecu that threw it into safe mode and limited rpm. It felt very doughy even below that rpm. Re-routed power supply for the interface cable to a different source as per the Service Bulletin they subsequently issued, problem solved.

So perhaps there could be a bad wiring connection to the ecu or something? Bad white wire?

Can you forward me the service bulletin about re-routing the powers supply for the interface cable?
              Thanks...
              While reading these posts about wiring issues. I herd the wind pick uot outside. then i realized my 3 speed ceiling fan just jumped from second speed to third. I dont know how. It is pull string activated. spooky

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                So it would be 1.7 volts with the map sensor disconnected and the key on, which is no good must be 4 volts. I had a look on your sds and I could see the barometric value and see that you were at sea level. If you had a short to ground in that white wire from pin 29 to the map sensor plug I would think it would pull that voltage to zero, easy to test, with the computer plug and the map sensor plug disconnected connect a test light to battery pos and probe pin 29 white wire if it is shorted to ground the test light will light up.
                Did go2ski ever find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by go2ski View Post
                  The light didn’t light up on any parts of the white wire/pin29
                  Did go2ski ever find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by timf1981 View Post
                    ************************************************** **************

Can you forward me the service bulletin about re-routing the powers supply for the interface cable?
                    Thanks...
                    While reading these posts about wiring issues. I herd the wind pick uot outside. then i realized my 3 speed ceiling fan just jumped from second speed to third. I dont know how. It is pull string activated. spooky
                    Its not relevant. Applied to DF90-140 2010/11 year engines only.

Comment

Working...
                    X