No announcement yet.

95 dt150 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. By no means am I a Suzuki guru but there all nut and bolts to a point. Sounds to me like fuel (low pressure) or timing problem (not advancing).

Can you hook up a fuel gauge at the Injector rail? (Im presuming its injected?) See if your pressure dies at all? Hook up a timing light and see if the timing advances?

Also just check that your throttle valve is opening fully at WOT. You would hate to spend $$ if thats all it was Just some very basic checks there.
    Last edited by aquamort; 07-08-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

dk, I just noticed your motor shows 2.

Your parts page says you have 2 low press fuel pumps, have you inspected both pumps?
      If you have then check the filters on the high press feel pump before you run to the lake/ river to test. There should be a small cone filter at the bottom of the vst, you may have cleaned already. If not check it. Then check the high press filter between the high pressure pump (below the vst) and the injector rail. If first filter (cone) is clean then the second may be ok, unless high press pump is deteriorating.
      After these checks, it should be time to try the river.

Comment

ok
        had a mechanic check the fuel pressure claimed it was low and replaced the high pressure fuel pump. one of the first things I tried was checking the timing.
        tore down both low pressure fuel pumps looked clean vst cone screen had a little crap but I cleaned it anyway.
        the high pressure filter was replaced by the first mechanic to work on the motor but I will check it again driving down to the river now to see if I can get to the landing.
        I really want to thank you guys since I have been unable to use the boat for 3 1/2 years now! I hope this thread will finally end my nightmare.

Comment

sorry guys but I am really excited to think that I my get the motor going... went to the river it looks like there is around 200 yards of water to recede before I can check the performance. again thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dkshooter View Post
            ok
            had a mechanic check the fuel pressure claimed it was low and replaced the high pressure fuel pump. one of the first things I tried was checking the timing.
            tore down both low pressure fuel pumps looked clean vst cone screen had a little crap but I cleaned it anyway.
            the high pressure filter was replaced by the first mechanic to work on the motor but I will check it again driving down to the river now to see if I can get to the landing.
            I really want to thank you guys since I have been unable to use the boat for 3 1/2 years now! I hope this thread will finally end my nightmare.
            3 1/2 years ***!! I hope it works out for you. I know what its like. I once had a Merc apart I dont know how many times looking for an overheating problem!

GOOD LUCK.

Comment

dt 150 running issues

Dk we all hope for the best, both with the water level so you can get there, and hopefully that your motor runs as good as it should.
              Those of us here will hope you get back to let us know how it goes.
              Good luck, and hope it finally works for you. keep us posted.

Comment

thanks guys the river is dropping pretty fast I'm on the Mississippi and any rain will cause flooding maybe by this weekend. hope I can finally put new stickers on the boat!!!!!
                Last edited by dkshooter; 07-10-2014, 12:04 AM.

Comment

well I finally got to the water and absolutely no difference I unplugged the sensors to see if that let it open up but no. Here is the strange thing if I open it up all the way it advances to around 2000 rpms but that's it. if I trim it up under full throttle when it gets up a ways I think after it gets off the trim cylinders it ramps up nicely???? I'm out of ideas...... help?
                  thanks guys

Comment

dt100 no water coming of the water discharge hole

hi nd help iv got a 100 suzuki. iv got water coming out of the pilot water hole but theres no wter coming out of the water discharge hole when its warmed up. it says in the manual it should water should come out an it does not get hot at al. can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaman6 View Post
                      hi nd help iv got a 100 suzuki. iv got water coming out of the pilot water hole but theres no wter coming out of the water discharge hole when its warmed up. it says in the manual it should water should come out an it does not get hot at al. can anyone help?
                      Bubba, you might want to start a new thread rather than cutting in on someone else's.

Comment

Oh no Dk, What do you mean "ramp up" when you trim the motor up? Do you mean the engine will start to rev like its suppose to?

Out of curiosity where is your cavitation plate in relation to the bottom of your hull? It should be about the same depth, that is line up with the bottom of you hull. What size prop do you have your the engine? Maybe this is why the engine is bogging down and not a mechanical reason??

Im pretty sure you cant free rev those engines over 2rpm in neutral anyway so the only way to test is in the water or a good size tank.

Comment

dt150 running issues

DK, it sounds like you may still have issues with your vst float system. It still acts like it's fuel related, unless there are codes flashing.

Comment

aquamort what I mean by ramping up is it accelerates well past 2000 rpms till it pushes back on the tilt cylinders and I have an adjustable jack plate and it is all the way down so its well below the hull. the motor will accelerate past 2000 rpms in neutral. Solarman I guess I will tear down the VST again and I don't trust the monitor gauge but It does not show any lights.
                            thanks

Comment

could this be a battery problem? The battery is not new but it seems to hold a charge and it spins the motor easily. Would the vst be the same on a 200 or 225?

Comment

is the vst the same as the 200, or 225¿

I would say it is similar, and operates the same, but would have to check the part numbers on all the parts to see if same. If your motor runs better if tilting, then seems like something is changing because of tilt. Your motor should be positioned so the cavitation plate is the same level as the bottom edge of the boat. Small adjustments can be made while running for better performance. Tilting the motor should be possible as many of us tilt our motors in shallow water.

Comment

Working...
                                X