95 dt150 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vst check

Ok I have separated the vst 8 oz. of fuel in a clear jar and nothing, clean. Same with the screen/filter. I have a serious concern with my monitor can you tell me what color wires go to what warning lights I thought I might put a voltage tester on the connector and see if I had any warning lights that might not be lighting up?

Comment

dt150, running issues

Ok, fuel was clean, did you unscrew the needle valve seat?
      Was anything on the backside of the seat?

OK. you want to test the monitor. Unplug the atmosphere sensor, located just above the TVs sensor. Then turn the key to on. Not start, just on. You should get the initial beep, then the monitor check engine light should flash. You can check the manual for the code it should flash. The flash should start over/ repeat after each sequence.
      Last edited by Solarman; 08-18-2014, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Oops I did not pull the seat I'll go do It right now my air pressure sender is located under the oil tank but I was able to unplug it anyway the result is that there was no check engine light at all.

Comment

dt150, running issues

Ok. Plug that sensor back up. Try another sensor, water temp, if no monitor check engine light try the TVs. Do all the same way, unplug and turn key to on.
          Let me know if anything is under the seat.

Comment

gauge

no reaction from the gauge unplugging any of the sensors I did put a voltage tester on the leads in the plug and I got some strange results I was hoping you could interpret these
            Ltg reads 12 vdc
            Bl 12 vdc
            Y .3 vdc
            pink? .3 vdc
            G .6 vdc
            then on the outside plugs I got these
            R .5 vdc
            W/Bl 12 vdc
            I am still trying to get the seat out (it does not want to cooperate)
            thanks for your help

Comment

dt150, issues

The vapor separator tank (vst) did you remove the needle valve and seat to look for anything that might cause a partial blockage on the backside of the seat, small pieces of plastic?
              Still waiting to get this cleared up.
              Ill look for monitor gauge tests.

Comment

seat removed and there was no obstructions thanks!

Comment

dt150, running issues

Dk, you had mentioned this in a previous post, can you explain? Was the motor out of the water when this happened? Did the motor reach full throttle?

Originally posted by dkshooter View Post
                  well I finally got to the water and absolutely no difference I unplugged the sensors to see if that let it open up but no. Here is the strange thing if I open it up all the way it advances to around 2000 rpms but that's it. if I trim it up under full throttle when it gets up a ways I think after it gets off the trim cylinders it ramps up nicely???? I'm out of ideas...... help?
                  thanks guys

Comment

It was not out of the water, as it was coming up it gets to about the water inlet on the side of the lower unit and it starts accelerating as it does this the increased thrust pushes the motor back into the water and that lowers the rpms?? the rpms get up to around 4000-4500 before it drops again.

Comment

dt150, running issues

Ok, it sounds like it is high enough to be freewheeling, until it pulls itself back into the water.
                      had a couple of people that had a short in the electrical system that if tilt button was used their motor took off great/ normally.
                      Ok we're back at checking to see if your motor is running on all 6 cylinders.
                      Do you have a timing light that clips onto the plug wires? It's the easiest method to clip to each wire and see if all the wires cause the light to flash the same/ consistently, or identifying which do not flash alike. And if you have multiple wires on each cylinder check them at the same time.
                      Let us know what happens.

Comment

spark plugs

it is a 2 spark plug per cylinder motor. Do you want me to check both plugs 1 after the other or both at the same time?

Comment

testing plug wires

Test each cylinder, one plug wire at a time. We are looking for consistency in flashes. Erratic or no flashes would be important, even if on 2nd plug for same cylinder.
                          Motor should be running with muffs on, or in the water.

Comment

??????

Ok!
                            I will try not to make this a book so if I leave something out ask please first I started on the even side got good fire on both plugs on all 3 2,4&6 went to the odd side got no fire on 1 or 3 but when I tested 5 I got an erratic flash so I went back to the 3 then the 1 and got an erratic flash????so I checked the even side and I got an erratic flash this time???? not as erratic as the odd side but it definitely had a hitch in its gittey-up so it seems that the odd side does not fire until the thermostat opens up? I hope this makes sense to you because I am really lost now.
                            help please!!

Comment

Possibly bad connection/earth somewhere maybe? When your tilting its moving some wires/connections?

Comment

Is there a chance of poor connections on the wires when tested?
                                Try again with engine cold again, and start with1,3,5 then the other side. Are you able to read your wiring diagram?
                                It is important to document your findings on each test, they will help you solve your problems.

I might suggest you do a search:
                                ” Missing at speed, seaox230c ”
                                seaox230c, had a similar problem, read what he wrote.
                                Last edited by Solarman; 08-23-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X