No announcement yet.

95 dt150 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solarman it seems that when there is less load on the prop it will run the rpms up so when I tilt the motor up there is less water to push against

Comment

DK have you had other motors on this boat that have gone ok? Did this motor used to go ok on this boat? The battery wont be the problem mate.

As mentioned the cav plate should be level with bottom of hull. Google it and you will find some diagrams. The leg too deep will just make it work hard and you wont get full potential.

Comment

tilting motor runs better

Dk i'm not sure what you're running your motor on. If you're boat is bow heavy and you tilt the motor up, it will lift the bow out of the water more. This is not bad. It will help to plane the boat off, allowing your motor to work less hard, but don't tilt too high. that might tell me your prop, or depth of motor is not right.

Comment

peter / Dk, dt150 efi running issues.

Peter, we haven't heard anything from you? What's up with your motor?
          Dk, am not sure how much of your system you have checked. Again, your problem sounds fuel related. Have you gone through your 2 low pressure pumps, and have you gone through your high pressure pump filter screens? Is your monitor gauge working? Is it flashing any codes? Do you have a service manual yet?

Comment

Dk, low pressure pump check.

Originally posted by dkshooter View Post
            well... I pulled the low pressure fuel pumps I found what I think you are referring to as the check valves is it more like a diaphragm? there is 1 on both sides of the middle piece of the pump a little smaller than a dime? What I did find was a nest a mud dauber or something in the lower low pressure fuel pump I have no idea how this got there!!!! the real problem is that the river is above flood stage and I cannot get the boat to the river guess I will have to wait I do not have much hope that this was the problem because my luck is not that good, thanks for the help
            Dk, you sent this earlier in the thread.
            Think I would go back through the low pressure pumps, all the fuel lines and the filters. If you have to, use air pressure to blow through the lines. Then if all that is clear, would run a pressure test at your fuel rail after the pressure regulator.
            Then let us know what you've found.
            Good luck.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of info on the boat. first it has been on this boat for 10 years and did run like a top. the boat is a ranger 360v bass boat. I have gone thru the 2 low pressure fuel pumps cleaned the vst pressure tested the high pressure pump operating pressure and holding pressure are both within specs I tested between the regulator and the fuel rail. I am not sure where the pump filter screens are located? the monitor when I turn on the key only flashes rev for about 5 sec. so I am not sure it is operating correctly. I will check the high pressure filter next. yes I do have a digital manual but it does not have my model year so I am kind of feeling my way thru.
              thanks

Comment

does anyone know what the reading should be for the TPS I got b-g/r 894 br/y-g/r a flash at 1367 and b-br/y a flash at 1507 is there any other way to check this?
                thanks

Comment

h-p filters

From the bottom of the vst, there should be a in-line cone shaped filter that goes to the high pressure fuel pump. The other end of the HP pump follow the fuel line, and it goes into the HP filter. Make sure both are cleaned.
                  When you turn the key on, do you get a short audible beep?

Comment

yes there is a short beep and the rev light for a few seconds. just removed the high pressure fuel filter was able to blow air both directions checked the cone shaped screen also clean and checked the main fuel filter also clean. I'm thinking it must be the TSP but I cannot figure out how to test it.
                    thanks

Comment

throttle valve sensor - tvs

In your service manual, it describes how to test and adjust your TVS sensor. you will need to download that page to test it.

Comment

Ok finally got a chance to check the TVS I did not have the test cord so I just inserted the probes in the back side of the connector I hope this is OK? the readings are Br/y 3.91 vdc and the Lg/R is .55 so that falls out of the range and according to the manual needs to adjusted could this be the answer to the lack of power?
                        I took these readings thru the throttle positions as this seems to be the area where the problem exists
                        throttle is in neutral Lg/r reads .55 vdc
                        throttle is at 1/4 the reading is .55 vdc
                        throttle is at 1/2 the reading is 1.22 vdc
                        throttle is at 3/4 the reading is 1.65 vdc
                        throttle is at full the reading is 2.15 vdc
                        do these readings look OK?
                        thanks guys

Comment

the resistance on the throttle valve sensor on the b-g/r at neutral is .84 and at full throttle is 2.61 on the 20 k scale does this help?
                          thanks

Comment

TVs readings...compared with my motor.

On same scale, 20k, I have 4 wires at sensor.
                            Only 3 in joining connector.
                            My readings on tan/blk are about 1.2 at neutral, 4.3 for full throttle.
                            Have similar reads for tan/pink wires, started at 2.2, then I disconnected linkage and it went to 1.3, full throttle about 4.3.
                            My TVs is on a working dt 140. One of two on my sea cat. Both of mine are running well.
                            I think your TVs sensor is reading about half of mine. So it might be wise to test another TVs sensor if you go to a parts place take your meter and read full open and full relaxed. if you read close to your reading, your sensor might be good, but think you should be reading closer to my readings. I would think the TVs on your motor should read more like mine, I haven't checked the part numbers of your sensor and mine but don't think they should read ths much different.
                            Let me know what you find.

Comment

TVs readings on your dt150 efi

Is it possible your TVs is out of adjustment?
                              If you adjust your TVs by the manual, would it then read closer to my readings? Is it possible that someone in the past loosened/ adjusted it and you're only getting half throttle all along?
                              Let us know.

Comment

TVS adjustment

well I adjusted the TVS by the manual on the output side it was off by .07 volts I adjusted it down to the river well making a short story long ..... nope no difference back to square 1 any ideas??

Comment

Working...
                                X