95 dt150 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual readings

my manual tells me that the 2 sets of coils are the yellows are the battery charge coil and the g-b/r and w/r-w/bl
    the manual lists the battery charge coil reading range is .1-.3 I got 0 and the g-b/r range is 62-92 mine is 86
    w/r-w/bl range is 385-575 mine is 513

Comment

• battery charge coils

Ok. What are ” the yellows” you're talking about? are you talking wire colors? Are they the only wires there?

Comment

• in the wiring harness that comes from the coils under the flywheel there are 3 yellow colored wires, my manual calls these the battery charge coil wires. there are also 2 condenser charge coils they are green and black red and
        white red and white blue hope this helps.
        thanks

Comment

• battery charge coils

Ok. All three are same colors.
          Then probably going to have to have a magneto, if not charging.
          You tested all three wires for continuity?

Comment

• yes there seems to be complete continuity with all 3 yellow wires??

Comment

• so if the magneto is bad would that send the motor into limp mode or is there some other reason I have no fire on 1,3&5??
              thank you

Comment

• just downloaded your manual.

In battery charging section, it does say it will go into limp mode if charging is not sufficient. So yes, it could be the reason it won't go over 2500 - 3000 RPMs. I can't read the wire diagram, but seems they changed wiring schematic many times around your year motor. Many schematics depending on year model.

Comment

• dt150

If you downloaded the same manual I have, you can check what I read. It's the first page of the electrical section on charging system.
                  Another person BillCon here has a dt150, '88, and may be able to help you with your TVS readings. He has been testing his sensor, coils and magneto, he might be able to shed some light on your problem.
                  Let us know how it goes.
                  Good luck. We all want you back up and running.

Comment

• I, have been chasing around an engine timing and missing problem also and have gone thru every single wire, coil, ground, oil sensor and temp sensor looking for the culprit, but dont rule out the TVS, it can wreak a hidden havoc on your diagnosis process, on mine one minute its good the next its not, one minute there is voltage then the next its gone, check the ohms with it unplugged and watch it very closely as you advance it slowly, if it jumps all of a sudden while your advancing it instead of changing progressively you may find that is causing the limp mode condition, according to the manual its not supposed to do that, I, just ordered a new one to place side by side on the bench test and will post the side by side testing for others to compare, my DT150 would start missing randomly or all cyclinders not like yours did but until I, pressed the re set button then when I, touch the throttle it goes back into missing.

Comment

• Dk, what color are your TVS wires and I, will see which one you have in my manual and see what it says on the check procedure some are slightly different

Comment

• thanks for the info guys. I ordered a magneto and it should be in tomorrow I also got another monitor/gauge. Solarman I do not know if we have the same manual mine came from Canada if that helps. the wiring diagrams are WORTHLESS totally blurry. the manual is very unclear around my motor year and I have had to bounce around trying to match wire colors and sensor locations. Billcon I did test the TVS under voltage (I no longer have those results) I will test it again when it stops raining if my memory has not gone completely I think the advance was uniform I adjusted it because the testing procedure gave a range for the voltage at idle, mine was slightly out of the range. I could not see that the TVS had been adjusted by others but I adjusted it (I hope correctly)anyway. thanks again guys!!
                        Last edited by dkshooter; 09-10-2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• dt150, running issues

Dk, can download the same manual, that BillCon, and I think I did. If you google Suzuki shop manuals online.

Bill Con, if you read this entire thread, somewhere in the first five, or 6 pages I think you will find a list of his readings on the various coils and TVS.
                          BillCon, I think you will even find his gear counting coil reading, which made me believe yours was a bad reading. I believe Dk's reading is a good one. Sorry BillCon, yours was the TVS, it was someone else with the gear counting coil.

Am looking forward to hear from both on how the motors are running as soon as you get your parts installed.
                          Good luck.
                          Last edited by Solarman; 09-10-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• I, think I, have the same manual you do Solarman, and I, do have that blurry one also which is different, there is good coil specs in those manuals, all mine were in specs, the TVS was what was out on mine the new one came in, and was different than the old one, I, put my procedure on setting it up on my thread and it worked good, may not be the best but as we all know the manuals are kind of vague.

Comment

• Dk, I, did notice something strange by accident while messing with my coil testing, and forgot to mention it, with all the starting and stopping of the motor due to the limp mode delima, my oil flow switch was late to come on and triggered for a few seconds the oil flow light which in turn sent it into limp mode, I, took the switch apart and cleaned out the screen and it stopped, might be something to look at because it happens fast and you dont see it unless your really looking for it when it happens.

Comment

• still here

Well there is no joy in mudville. New magneto is installed also the new monitor gauge fired up the motor it ran terrible, but all cylinders were firing, very sporadically. While I was checking for a spark it backfired hard almost killed it. After the backfire it smoothed out but I lost the spark on the 1,3&5 cylinders. I opened up the fast idle to around 2000 rpms but there was no change, as a side note the new monitor gauge limit light was lit very dim but it was on. There was only the limit light that came on even when I turned on the ignition initially, I hope you guys are still available for help! thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X