Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey DK, hows this one going?

Comment

• I did not read this entire post, so this may have been posted already, but I had a similar problem a few months ago. Mine would miss at around 2000 rpms for a few minutes before finally coming out up to a plane, but still missed really bad the entire time the boat was running. I bought a new fuel filter replace the coils and still did not have a answer, so I started tracing wires. What I found was on of the signal wire that goes to the coil was sitting on the head and had melted the wire guarding away causing the coil pack to be grounded out. May could trace some wires and see if you have a similar issue. Hopes this helps.

Comment

• sorry

Sorry guys my father passed and things got complicated I have decided that it has to be a sensor problem can anyone tell me how to test all the sensors???

thanks for the patience guys.

Comment

• gear counter

Ok, I rechecked the gear counter resistance I get 218 consistently between the teeth but when I turn the flywheel (by hand)I get all kinds of numbers ranging from 181 to 261. I assume that this means that the gear counter is bad? could I be doing the test wrong?
          thanks guys!

Comment

• Have you checked the distance to flywheel. If not close enough it won't read correctly? Then read the ohms again, the reading should be same in front of a tooth, the reading should change in an open space (between teeth).

If reading on a tooth fluctuates still, as before, coil is bad.

Post how it's going.

Comment

• Hows this one turned out Dk?

Comment

• Aqua, dk did get his motor running. He then took it for a few test runs. Said it ran better than ever. However, he hasn't elaborated on what actually happened. But I believe he over tach'ed (over revved) and lost compression the motor, and messed up the lower unit.

He said he bought a used motor to replace it, haven't heard back from him.

Comment

• Ok guys since you never heard from DK let me jump in here and if your still out there maybe you can continue where he left off. I am having the Identical problem he was having . I have rebuilt low end fuel pumps , replaced high pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel filter , low pressure fuel filter, all plugs. I havent taken the vst apart yet but I will this weekend. The boat ran great up until right before last winter. When it did start having this problem it would eventually pickup and run normally but now it will not "kick in" and run past 2000 rpms . No codes and motor doesnt run ruff or misfire. The motor runs strong all the way to 2000 rpms and then after that no matter how much throttle I give it there is no change Every now and then it with jump like its going to take off but then it goes right back to where it is now 2000 rpms. I havent checked the vst or the injectors yet but will either this weekend or next. Thanks for all your help. I sure thought that i would of had the answer by the time I got to the end of this thread I was for sure going to have the answer but then DK never finished his trouble shooting. This thread is so old no one may even still be around or remember but this is the exact problem my boat is having. I have a 95 DT150 efi. Thanks in advance if you are still out there and want to continue where DK left off.
                  mike

Comment

Working...
                  X